Risks and Opportunities
Background:As we approach 2010, the importance of building innovation and assessing realistic performance, increases The Financial Crisis has produced a more conservative outlook focusing on a new evaluation of risk as a key component of banking success. But defending against risks is not enough without seeking out opportunities. A trend emerging is the noticeable recruitment of risk specialists to the CEO level demanding not just balancing risk but also the creation of opportunities.
- What's been the history of risk policy in the CEE?
- What the key success factors for developing opportunities in a risk-aversive environment?
- What are the challenges in transitioning form an opportunistic banking culture to one tempered by risk?
- What are the risks in too much risk emphasis?
- Is the CEE too risky for further development?
- How does our panel see the new leader of Risk as an influencer?
- John McFall, Chairman of the House of Commons Treasury Committee (or 'Treasury Select Committee')
- Johann Strobl, Chief Risk Officer and member of the Managing Board, RZB Group
- Franz Reif, Head of Strategic Risk Management , Volksbank Group
- Istvan Lengyel , Head of the Banking Association for Central and Eastern Europe
- Lutz Schiermeyer, EMEA Head of Banking Risk BD, Global Risk Team, SAS institute
The evening, sponsored by SAS , will be moderated by Lydia Goutas and Thomas Labenbacher, Co-Chairs of the Financial Service Club CEE