29 October 2013
The long hand of the law.. did you know that US laws can reach out to European Banks.. and their officers, directors and clients
• Scott Fredericksen, Foley & Lardner, Washington (defense counsel)
• Satindar Dogra, Partner, Linklaters, London
• Dr. Michael Wittenburg, Head of Risk Quality Management / Fraud Risk Management, CFE, CFCS, CAMS, CRMA, CICA, CICS, Raiffeisen Bank International
• Mag. Marten Schwarzbartl, CFE ÖBB Chief Compliance officer, former E&Y International Fraud & Financial Crime specialist
The single largest criminal investigation and prosecution in the history of the United States was prosecuted by the Department of Justice against leading European and UK companies with surprising results – both criminal and civil penalties totaling well over $100 million and two guilty felony charges.
Recent US and UK legal changes make it very tricky to do business or have employees from our business world of the CEE, and the long arm of the US law may affect an otherwise innocent process and result in an officer or director serving time in jail.
• How can a simple financial transaction have a major impact on an entire corporation?
• What do these laws mean for the banking industry?
• Why is this becoming the biggest change to watch out for if you are an officer of a European Bank?
Hear our experts – The defense counsel in this landmark case will be joined by an expert panel to discuss what this means, and how to develop best practices to ensure their people and organizations prepare for the future.